Welcome to The Canadian Network for Research on Terrorism, Security and Society (TSAS). The TSAS Network is designed to foster: communication and collaboration between academic researchers working on these topics in Canada; communication and collaboration between academic researchers and policy officials in these subject fields; and links with research on these topics in other countries. We aim to create an institutional foundation for the development of research that is both academically meritorious and relevant to policy.
We invite all who are conducting research, studying, teaching or working in applied policy making in any of the three thematic areas of terrorism, security and society to become a TSAS affiliate. Should applicants for affiliation meet all the requirements set out in the terms of the affiliation form, the TSAS Executive Committee will confirm their affiliation.
* Please note that TSAS considers “senior” research affiliates as academics who are eligible to receive research grants through the university at which they teach.
Benefits of TSAS Affiliation include:
- Participation in a research network that is fully connected to policy issues.
- A personal profile in the TSAS affiliate database.
- Eligibility to apply for research funding in TSAS Calls For Proposals.
- Membership in the TSAS mailing list which provides researchers with knowledge of activities and events.
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of a network that is creating a uniquely Canadian knowledge base and response to terrorism and its social consequences.
To apply for affiliation, simply click on one of the three application forms below. Please fill out the form that applies to you. Be sure to save the form to your computer before entering any information.
- TSAS Junior Affiliation Form [pdf]
- TSAS Senior Researcher Affiliation Form [pdf]
- TSAS Non-Academic Affiliation Form [pdf]
TSAS requires all affiliates to submit a list of their research activities by March31st each year. This is a requirement for holding a SSHRC grant. TSAS did not actively solicit Annual Activity Reports last year and thus we are asking Affiliates to report on Activities from April 2016- March 2018.
Below are the annual report forms for Junior and Senior Research Affiliates. Typically, senior affiliated researchers simply send us a copy of the report they send to their own university. However, if your university does not require this, please use the form below.
- TSAS Junior Affiliate Annual Report Form 2016-2018
- TSAS Senior Affiliate Annual Report Form 2016-2018
If you have any questions with regard to details on any of the forms, contact the TSAS office.
TSAS Affiliate Publications:
TSAS compiles information from Affiliate annual reports and creates a collective list of publications for each year. Click on the links below to view the relevant year. All publications are included in the TSAS Virtual Library.
- List of TSAS Affiliates Publications 2012-13
- List of TSAS Affiliates Publications 2013-14
- List of TSAS Affiliates Publications 2014-15
- List of TSAS Affiliates Publications 2015-16
Please note that these lists are not exhaustive.